Luke 14:28speaks of counting the cost. We value things according to what they cost. The greater the cost, the greater the value. What is the cost of Christianity? It cost God His Son (John 3:16; Romans 5:8). It cost Jesus His life (Hebrews 2:9; 1 Peter 2:24). What does it cost us?
There certain costs that every person must count:
1. Forsaking all (Luke 14:33)
2. Denying ourselves (Matthew 16:24)
3. Presenting our bodies a living sacrifice (Romans 12:1)
4. A life of working out our own salvation (Philippians 2:12)
5. A life of teaching (2 Timothy 2:2)
7. A life of seeking first things first (Matthew 6:33)
Nothing is more valuable than being a Christian. It is worth all the cost, all the time, all the effort we can put into it. Let us “spend and be spent” for the greatest cause of all, the cause of Christ!