1. Thou shalt remember that thy wife is thy partner and not thy property.
2. Thou shalt hold thy wife’s love by the same means that thou won it.
3. Thou shalt enter thy house with cheerfulness.
4. Thou shalt not let anyone criticize thy wife and get away with it, neither thy father, nor thy mother, nor thy brothers, nor thy sisters, nor any other relative.
5. Thou shalt not take thy wife for granted.
6. Thou shalt not think thyself are “IT.”
7. Thou shalt not praise thy neighbor’s wife; praise thine own.
8. Thou shalt not keep any secrets from thy wife; secrets breed suspicion and wreck confidence.
9. Thou shalt not fail to kiss thy wife good-bye every morning.
10. Thou shalt not forget through all the years of thy life that thy wife whom God hath given thee is the queen in your home and in honor takes precedence over thee.
This last article was originally part of the original article by brother McCord which appeared in the January issue of TFF and was entitled, “Husbands.” –Lance Cordle.]
— via The Family Friend, a monthly newsletter published by the Calvert City church of Christ, Calvert City, KY.