If the same excuses that people use for not going to church are applied to other important areas of life, it’s easy to see how inconsistent our logic can be.
1. I was forced to bathe as a child.
2. People who make soap are only after your money.
3. I bathe on special occasions like Christmas and Easter.
4. People who take baths are hypocrites–they think they are cleaner than everybody else.
5. I would bathe but there are so many different kinds of soap, can’t decide which one is best.
6. I used to bathe, but it got boring so I stopped.
7. The bathroom is never warm enough in the winter or cool enough in the summer.
8. I’ll start bathing when I get older and dirtier.
9. I just don’t have the time to bathe.
10. None of my friends take baths.
– BULLETIN DIGEST; via The Central Message, the weekly bulletin of the Central church of Christ in Paducah KY.
Via Bulletin Gold Extra