We all recognize the need to conduct inventory of ourselves. It is one of those areas
that seem easily forgotten or put off until… The following writing suggests a daily
inventory. Please read and apply as needed.
“When evening comes, go off into a quiet place and review your day.
• Have you been kind and thoughtful or mean and thoughtless?
• Have you kept an even temper, or have you lost your temper when things went wrong?
• Have you been pleasant or grouchy?
• Have you inspired those whom you have met, or have you depressed and discouraged them?
• Have you done something creative and worthwhile, or have you wasted the day with petty things?
• Have you been fair and square in what you have done?
• Have you increased the happiness in the lives of others, or have you thought only of self?
• What we do day by day determines what we become. Hour by hour we build our lives for better or worse. A daily inventory will help keep us on the right track, headed toward our highest ideas.
“examine yourselves…” – 2 Corinthians 13:5″
–No author given—