Take this quiz:
- Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
- Name the last five Heisman trophy winners.
- Name the last five ‘Miss Americas.’
- Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer prize.
- Name the last half dozen Academy Award winners for best actor and actress.
- Name the last decade’s World Series winners.
How did you do? Remember these are no second-rate achievers. They are the best in their fields. But the applause dies. Awards tarnish. Achievements are forgotten. Accolades and certificates are buried with their owners. Few remember yesterday’s headliners.
Here’s another quiz. See how you do on this one:
- List three teachers who aided your journey through school.
- Name five friends who have helped you through a difficult time.
- Name two people who have taught you something worthwhile.
- Think of ten people who have made you feel appreciated and special.
- Think of ten people with whom you enjoy spending time.
- Name half a dozen heroes whose stories have inspired you.
Easier? Those who make a difference in our lives are not those with the most credentials, money, or awards. They are the ones who care the most.
‘…when he saw him, he had compassion on him…’-Luke 10:33
From House to House – Heart to Heart