But wait! The Scripture says, “Casting all your care upon him: for he careth for you” (1 Peter 5;7).
That’s true! But it’s also true that God doesn’t care about some things—some of the very things about which we care. Recently Brett Petrillo wrote about some things concerning which God doesn’t care. Here is part of his list:
• God doesn’t care how many Facebook friends you have. His concern is that we are Jesus’ friends. “If ye love me, keep my commandments” (John 14:15).
- God doesn’t care how many Twitter followers we have. He only cares that we ourselves take up our cross daily and follow Him (Luke 9:23).
- God doesn’t care about the minutes on our cell phone plans. He care about the minutes we spend talking with Him (1 Thess. 5:17; Eph. 6:18).
- God doesn’t care about the important celebrities and athletes we know. His primary concern is that we know Him and the truth (1 Timothy 2:3-4).
- God doesn’t care that we have the fanciest watch. He wants us to watch the use of our time (Eph. 5:16).
- God doesn’t care if we wear the latest fashion or best clothes. He wants us to be clothed with Christ (Galatians 3:26-27).
- God doesn’t care about the size of our homes or how much money we have. He wants us to realize that material things don’t last, so we need to lay up treasures in heaven (Matthew 6:19-21; 1 Timothy 6:17-19).
- God doesn’t care what work we do. He wants us to do all things in His service (Colossians 3:23-24).
- God doesn’t care about the color of our skin. He cares about the content of our character (Galatians 5:22-23).
God doesn’t care about a lot of things that we care about! But God does care about us! He cares about us so much that He gave His Son Jesus to die on the cross for our sins that we might have forgiveness of our sins.
– Neal Pollard preaches for the Bear Valley church of Christ in Denver, CO. He also publishes an e-mail newsletter, Daily Bread. You can visit their website at http://www.bearvalleycofc.com/
Via Bulletin Gold