- Like Paul, forget those things which are behind, and press onward (Philippians 3:13).
- Like David, lift up mine eyes unto the hills from whence comes my help (Psalm 121:1).
- Like Abraham, trust implicitly in my God (James 2:23).
- Like Enoch, walk daily in fellowship with my heavenly Father (Genesis 5:22).
- Like Jehoshaphat, prepare my heart to seek God (2 Chronicles 19:2-3).
- Like Moses, choose rather to suffer, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season (Hebrews 11:24-25).
- Like Daniel, commune with God at all times (Daniel 6:10).
- Like Job, be patient under all circumstances (Job 13:15-16; James 5:11).
- Like Caleb and Joshua, refuse to be discouraged because of superior numbers (Numbers 13:30; Numbers 14:6-9).
- Like Gideon, advance even though my friends be few (Judges 7:7).
- Like Aaron and Hur, uphold the hands of the leaders of the church with prayer and support (Exodus 17:12).
- Like Andrew, strive to lead my brother to Christ (John 1:40-42).
- Like Stephen, manifest a forgiving spirit toward all who seek my hurt (Acts 7:60).
House to House, Vol. 15 #1